Description du poste
3M is seeking an Inside Sales Channel Specialist for the US Marketing and Sales Operations Organization supporting the Industrial and Safety Markets Center located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Inside Channel Specialist will be responsible for growing and developing assigned distributors in a b2b sales environment.
This person will be required to establish and maintain customer relationships, drive sales growth through telephone sales, and up-sell cross-sell strategically aligned products within focused markets. This sales representative will be accountable to achieve monthly phone and activity goals while driving sales pipeline health and exceeding sales forecast through customer interactions, business plan creation and execution, and teaming with field sales representatives when appropriate.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Drive 3M sales to assigned distributors
· Drive profitable product sales within key divisions including Industrial Tapes and Adhesives, Abrasives Systems Division and Personal Safety Division
· Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Understands the customer’s business model to influence key decision makers
· Introduces new products, and communicates promotions to relevant customers and prospects
· Maintain and update a working sales plan with strategies and tactics to achieve annual sales forecast
· Demonstrates a proficient level of procedural and technical product knowledge to identify products that meet customer needs
· Work to attain sales quota, sales quality and sales productivity metrics
· Shares best practices with the team to promote a positive team environment
· Proficient in identifying market trends and account needs
· Solid understanding of the 3M Distributor product lines
· Knowledge of key industrial markets
· Knowledge of competitive suppliers & product lines
· Document ALL opportunities, activities and customer findings into CRM system
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Minimum of one (1) year of sales experience in a private, public, government or military environment
· Minimum of one year of selling or working with products that fall under the Industrial Business Group umbrella
· CRM experience / pipeline management
· 1 year+ working with Industrial Channel
· 3+ years inside sales experience
· 3+ years technical sales experience, preferably with 3M Industrial products
· Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
· Experience leveraging Social Sales tools / processes (Linked In, Webinars, etc…)
· Ability to work in a high volume rapidly changing environment
· Ability to work in a team environment and willing to collaborate and compromise, including team leadership
· Strong Active Listening skills
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products and Saleforce.com
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to stay focused on tasks
· Good interpersonal skills
Location : Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10 % Travel
Relocation: Relocation is not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).