Description du poste
3M New Ulm is seeking a Class A Mold Maker located in New Ulm, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Demonstrate safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self and others
· Troubleshoot, solve problems, and perform preventative maintenance with molds, dies, and other tooling
· Recommend improvements to preventative maintenance procedures that will increase tooling reliability and performance
· Work with other employees to help develop, plan, and implement improvements to molds, dies, and other tooling that will increase productivity, quality, or capacity
· Assist in the design and development of new molds, dies, and other tooling
· Fabricate parts and assemblies to specifications found on engineering drawings, sketches, and diagrams, or as needed to support maintenance and repair of tooling with emphasis on high precision and excellent workmanship
· Operate lathes, mills, grinders, EDM machines, honing machines, etc., with emphasis on high precision and excellent workmanship
· Select, modify, and use various cutting tools as needed to complete fabrication work
· Perform bench work such as hand filing, honing, and diamond polishing on flat angle and contour shapes to a four micro-inch finish
This position may require:
· Weekend work
· Working overtime
· Working on holidays as needed
· Working rotating shifts
· Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Minimum five (5) years of tool and die making experience in a private, public, government or military environment OR possess a two (2) year Technical Degree or Diploma in a Machine Tool Technology or Tool and Die field and minimum three (3) years of tool and die making experience in a private, public, government or military environment.
· A strong mechanical aptitude with strong problem solving and reasoning ability
· Good organizational, planning, and computer skills
· Self-motivated, team orientated, and good interpersonal skills
· Ability to run all manual tool room equipment in a safe and efficient manner
Location : New Ulm, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to theregulations/compliancewith U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.