Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking a Project Manager, Coding Operations for the Health Information Systems located remotely. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Participates in the development of strategic goals and assures implementation of objectives related to the coding operations business unit.
· Performs monthly performance audits on direct reports to assure that quality and productivity metrics are achieved.
· Develops individual coding improvement activities based on coder results.
· Serves as an escalation resource for coding issues and questions from direct reports, independent contractors, outsourced coders, and clients.
· The client coding manager works directly with the coding operations leadership team to develop ongoing coding excellence within operations.
· Manages the career development and performance of the employees directly reporting to this role.
· Handles special projects as assigned by the manager of coding operations.
· Works independently
· Implements and leads client engagements
· Manages and mentors staff
· Supports client facing teams
· Input and decision making involving coding operation
· Issue and conflict resolution
· Client status reporting
· Ability to travel 25% of time to East coast clients
· Actively participates in relevant corporateprograms/initiatives,complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
· Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited university (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
· Minimum of one (1) year of working with physician documentation
· Minimum of two (2) years of client management experience in a private, public, government or military environment
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience within HIM industry
· Bachelor’s degree
· Previous coding management experience
· Strong client facing presentation skills
· Strong technical understanding and computer skills
· Experience navigating through Electronic Health Records and paper charts to identify sufficient documentation of billed services preferred.
· Meeting facilitation skills internal/client facing
· Project Management Professional certification
· Working understanding of CPT and ICD-10 codes
· Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and technical applications
· Previous experience using HIM systems, reports and information storage and retrieval
Travel Requirements: 25% of domestic travel
Relocation: Not authorized
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence