Description de l'offre
Description du poste
3M is seeking an Full Stack Developer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Silver Spring, MD. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Job Summary :
Do you have a knack for problem-solving and creating solutions?
Here at 3M Health Information Systems, you will work with top engineers and software architects designing and implementing enterprise solutions in complex Big Data environments on a highly collaborative team. As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with leading Amazon technologies and be on a journey with us as we explore more and more of what AWS has to offer.
3M's Health Information System's NLP Department needs Software Developers to join Scrum teams that develop, support and enhance our Natural Language Processing cloud services. This Scrum team member will have the opportunity to help build and develop new technology and processing methods that contribute to our NLP abilities.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Develop Java software for use in testing, build, deployment, automation, and monitoring in AWS environments
· Participate in design sessions to influence design based on architecture principles.
· Work with other Software Engineers, Clinical Analysts, Quality Engineers, and other team members to design and build required systems.
· Estimate planned work, identify dependencies and participate in sprint planning and scrum ceremonies.
· Adhere to Department design and coding procedures and standards.
· Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university OR a High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in Software Development in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree education requirement
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing in JAVA in a private, public, government, or military environment
· Bachelors Degree in a computational / informatics field
· AWS Certified Developer - Associate
· AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
· Experience with bash scripting for AWS CLI
· Experience with AWS security controls and user/role management
· Experience with EC2 instance management
· Experience with test/build automation tools (Maven, Jenkins, etc)
· Experience with AWS SQS, simple queue service
· Experience with configuration management for AWS autoscaling groups
· Experience with AWS RDS, relational database service, management
· Experience with SVN (merge/resolve conflicts) or other version control
· Familiarity with manipulating XML
· Experience with Continuous Integration
· Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Demonstrated initiative to complete automation projects
· Must be a team player and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Travel : May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that are valued. View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.