Description de l'offre
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Together with Zodiac Aerospace, Safran has more than 91,000 employees and would have around EUR 21 billion in adjusted revenue (pro forma 2016).
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the 'Happy at work' rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
Responsible for coordinating the flow of raw material, detailed parts and assemblies within or between departments to support the production build schedule and customer deliveries for assigned product lines. The Buyer/ Planner is also responsible for optimizing inventory levels, purchasing designated materials and to be alert to material changes, shortages, unplanned scrap and material availability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
· Review incoming customer order requirements and schedule based upon available material and capacity.
· Analyze and employ capacity planning techniques as they relate to the production build schedule.
· Evaluate and modify/approve system suggested planning messages.
· With the concurrence of the Planning Manager, the Buyer/Planner establishes order policies, lot sizes, lead-times on assigned products.
· Evaluate/React to requests from Sales and Shipping for delivery change requests if appropriate/achievable
· Develop, monitor, and ensure that all Kanban systems designed to support the assigned product lines are operating smoothly and efficiently. The Buyer/Planner will coordinate all cell requirements with the supplier and the team members.
· Recommend blanket orders, contracts, or special supply arrangements to the Purchasing Department, and coordinate the necessary implementation.
· Modify production schedules as changes occur.
· Expedite material as necessary. Assist other planners with expediting as necessary.
· Coordinate the timely disposition of MVR’s and support all QA activities to communicate non-conformance and corrective actions with suppliers. Process “PICKUP” requests as needed.
· Generate requests and, if appropriate, purchase orders for material. Adhere to designated approval levels for sign off before order placement.
· Release production orders to production floor. Generate and distribute status reports.
· In conjunction with Cell Leaders and Supervisors, investigate/resolve discrepancies regarding material/capacity and due dates.
· Modify and reschedule customer orders as changes occur. Communicate with Sales on these changes.
· Perform assignments as specified by supervision.
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors degree in related discipline
Required: One year of manufacturing experience
Preferred: Three plus years material planning/shop scheduling experience
Required: Experience with on line ERP manufacturing systems, Microsoft Office Applications- Excel, Word
Other Financial analysis skills as they relate to material/inventory control
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy ofSafran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.