Description de l'offre
Duration: Placement, Full-Time/Part-Time
Time period: minimum 3 months maximum 6 months (negotiable)
We are looking for an aspiring Graphic/Textile Designer who wishes to gain experience. As a small label you tasks will vary from day to day which will give you a good oversight of how a label works. You must have a strong understanding of graphic design as we are looking for someone who can produce graphics for our upcoming collection, which will be showcased in Africa in May 2016. This is a great opportunity to work alongside the Multi-Award Winning Fashion Designer in preparing a very exiting project plus creating layouts, invites, card, posters, look books, website and so along with generating ideas for better communication.
- Will be closely working with the designer for both Menswear and Womenswear collections plus accessories.
- During the placement, you will be looking to gain a sense of responsibility within a professional practice and what it takes to set up a fashion label. You will also have the chance to see all your work come to life.
- Will be gaining experience in working with high tech equipment such as laser cutter, 3D scanner, Digital printing
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant qualification of textile designer (Fashion or design degree)
- Producing sketches and sample designs.
- Using specialist computer software to assist with designs.
- Presenting designs and samples to customers for evaluation.
- Keeping up to date with fashion and textile design trends.
- Should be creatively inclined
- Ability to sew is beneficial but not essential
- The candidate must be well organised and punctual.
- Should have good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a drive for quality is essential.
- The position would potentially offer the opportunity to grow with the company and the candidate must be able to show capability to take on responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- The candidate must be proactive, versatile, hardworking and passionate about their work.
Applications Must Include:
- Your CV & Portfolio in PDF format
- The date you are available to begin/end your placement
Job Type: Part-time
Placement: International undergraduates/graduates and 2nd year UK nationals to apply only.