The Compliance Analyst assists with the management and co-ordination of Willis Towers Watson Group Compliance policies and procedures for Willis Limited. To identify regulatory requirements and implement relevant processes to enable standards to be met and provide guidance and training as necessary.
To assist with the management and co-ordination of the relationship with and requirements of the regulator.
Principal Duties will include some of the following which the Central Compliance team will be carrying out and may include other similar work:
· Undertaking monitoring reviews in accordance with the annual Group Compliance Monitoring Plan.
· Assisting the Business and associated compliance officers through the review and approval of Third Party relationships.
· Analysis of submitted expense claims and the review and approval (in conjunction with the relevant compliance officer) of Gifts, Entertainment and Hospitality submissions.
· Review and approval (in conjunction with the relevant compliance officer) of financial promotions and similar marketing materials.
· Ensuring complaints are handled appropriately through ongoing engagement with the business and the review and approval of complaint responses.
· Performing both regular surveillance activities and thematic monitoring reviews, interpreting the findings of the monitoring results and assisting the business through recommendations of proposed systems and controls to be implemented to ensure the mitigation of any regulatory risks.
· Analysis of key Management Information to identify any trends arising and making recommendations as to any follow up work required.
· Carrying out analysis of relevant regulatory change and assessing the impact of such change on current business practices.
· Ensuring the appropriate escalation of significant compliance weaknesses to compliance management and taking responsibility for ensuring that any issues that arise are followed up and resolved appropriately.
· Creating and maintaining good working relationships with the other control functions and liaising, as directed, to ensure information is shared as appropriate and to ensure there is no significant overlap of work.
· Assisting in the collation of information for regulatory returns and the collation and submission of approved person applications.
· Forming good working relationships with the Compliance Officers across the business.
· Assisting in compliance/business projects as required.
· Degree level. It is highly likely that the job holder will also have a relevant professional qualification – legal, accountancy or business, e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute.
· Proactive rather than reactive.
· Team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision.
· Organised and methodical.
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
· Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
· Commercial awareness – a commercial and pragmatic approach to managing compliance.
· Fluent business English essential.
· IT literate – knowledge of Microsoft office packages needed.
· Ideally knowledge/understanding of regulatory and corporate governance.
· Professional experience within an insurance broking or insurance environment or within a highly-regulated business environment is desirable but not essential.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more atwillistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.