Auto req ID
Volvo Financial Services
Position Title: Sales Desk Representative
The Main Purpose of the job is an in-house sales function taking care of small ticket credit application. The SDR is tasked with supporting VFS Territory Managers (TM) and Dealer Finance & Insurance Managers (F&I).
Reporting: This role will report to the Operations Manager
· Interfaces directly with customers and dealer F&I, negotiates deals, sells products and solves problems. Ensures deals are compliant with company regulatory and tax requirements.
· Supports TM in daily fleet and key accounts requests, coordinating tasks with relevant back-office functions
· Undertakes background research to gather information on the customer's business, segment and financial situation ensuring that deals are most likely to be approved by the appropriate Credit & Risk Committee
· Delivers point of sales training and guides dealer F&I, Volvo Group product sellers in all VFS products and offerings.
· Provides input to sales forecasts. Perform and maintain statistics and reports
Education & Job Experience
· University degree or equivalent is required.
· Good financial understanding
· Strong business understanding
· Previous experience in asset-based financing is preferred
Job Knowledge & Skills
· Good understanding of the business of VFS, the Volvo Group products and the customer/dealers businesses
· Good sales and negotiating skills
· Analytical ability to compile and motivate a credit application
· Motivation to develop themselves professionally and personally
· High level of IT application skills
· High level of English (oral/written)
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
Sales Desk Representative
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Last application date
State / Province