Auto req ID
Parts Supervisor/Parts Manager
Functional manager (indirect reporting): Leave blank.
Positions directly supervised / managed:
A pivotal role in the Dealerpoint, responsible for developing and sustaining superior parts performance, ensuring consistently high levels of customer service to increased customer satisfaction and ultimately the overall success of the Dealerpoint.
Select where applicable;
1. Roles: Not Applicable
2.Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities
· Ensure Customer orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification
· Ensure that procedures are correctlycarried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt.
· Ensure that invoices/credits are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied or returned
· Ensure warranty claim, VCM and special claims are reconciled correctly
· To be pro-active in a selling role.
· Ensure the accuracy of perpetual inventory stock counts.
· Checking the parts required for customers on the daily van route
· Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned accurately.
· Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Supervisor.
· Ensuring procedures are properly carried out for the ordering of goods and receipt.
· Ensuring that credits are properly and accurately raised for goods returned.
· Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
· To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
· Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
· Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
3.Key Skills / Competencies:
· To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner in a fast moving environment, ensuring that all daily tasks are completed.
· To be able to effectively communicate to customers and colleagues both oral and written.
· To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills.
· To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome.
· To be able to identify customers' needs & propose appropriate solutions.
· Negotiation skills - gain agreement on proposed course of action (Win/Win).
· Effective selling techniques.
· Friendly and helpful nature with the desire to deliver excellent customer service.
· To always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
· Attention to detail.
· To be able to remain calm and patient in a dynamic business environment.
· A proactive approach which ensures that customer's expectations are met and exceeded.
· Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances and changing priorities.
· Team oriented.
Required knowledge & experience:
1. Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
2. Additional important requirements:
· Strong IT literacy (MS Office (particularly Excel) ) and a GDS/Kerridge style dealer system awareness
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world's best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
State / Province