Auto req ID
Based Cardonald, nightshift position.At Volvo Truck and Bus we are passionate about what we do. That’s why we look for the best Technicians. We offer competitive pay rates, good terms and conditions, a pleasant work environment with challenges, skills development and future career prospects.
· Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
· Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
· Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
· Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
· Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
· Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately.
· Ensure that service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions.
· Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your Workshop Controller.
· Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
· Assist with roadside breakdowns.
Qualifications and Experience:
· City and Guilds, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in heavy vehicle
· Experience in the repair and maintenance of HGV vehicles within the commercial vehicle industry Package:
· Competitive hourly rate
· 33 days including bank holidays
· Contributory pension scheme (up to 5%)
· Various benefits including eye care scheme, friend and family discount on Volvo and Renault cars
· Access to Volvo's employee benefits program which offers a huge array of discounts on shopping, dining, services, movie tickets and much more
HGV Technician (nightshift)
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province