Auto req ID
We have an exciting opportunity for a HGV Technician to join Carlisle depot on dayshift/backshift.
Salary: Competitive hourly rate/ shift allowance / regular overtime / on call allowance regular training and development + a range of excellent benefits (including pension scheme, discounts for friends & family, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays).
Location: Kingstown Industrial Estate, Carlisle, Cumbria, UK
We are recruiting a HGV Technician who is looking for a career working with a global brand. In this role, you will be carrying out regular MOT preparation and service inspections on a wide range of manufacturers' trucks.
The role will also include fault finding, diagnostic work, carrying out repairs on engines, gearboxes brakes, suspension systems etc. You will also need to use Volvo's in house systems and complete paperwork such as job cards and service sheets.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Proven experience as a HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician/ LGV Mechanic, from main manufacturer or other
- NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle or equivalent
- Driving licence (LGV Class 1 would be an advantage)
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Regular overtime with additional payments for overtime and on call.
- Regular in-house technical training, external courses when required
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friend and family discounts on Volvo and Renault cars
- Volvo savings centre - retail and cinema discounts
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world's best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province