Auto req ID
Volvo Truck and Bus are one of the World's leading manufacturers of commercial vehicles. At Volvo Truck and Bus we are passionate about what we do and who we are. We believe our employees are our greatest asset to enable us to deliver excellent service to our customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals and encourages positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
Due to the continued Volvo Group growth we have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and motivated HGV Technician to join the World Class Volvo team based at our Aberdeen depot. Your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
· Carry out repairs according to the manufacturer's procedures, in a safe and responsible manner
· Complete repairs in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate
· Assisting in the fault diagnosis process
· Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
· Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles
· Comply with time recording procedures and ensure that job cards are completed accurately
· Complete service sheets as per Volvo instructions
· Report all vehicle defects to Workshop Controller
· Road test vehicles when required (if holder of HGV license)
· Assist with roadside breakdowns
· Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained
· Support the development of young trainees and apprentices
You'll be expected to have technical and practical competency when it comes to the repair and maintenance of HGVs, and you must be able to effectively communicate at all levels on a written and verbal basis. You should be flexible enough to adapt to new processes and develop new skills when required, and participate in training and development activities. We'll also expect you to be an active member of our busy team, while being competent enough to develop new working processes, or to enhance current ones.
You require a City and Guilds, an NVQ3 or an equivalent qualification to be considered for this role. It is desirable you will have completed an apprenticeship in the HGV industry, or have equivalent experience, along with relevant experience in the commercial vehicle industry. A basic knowledge of computer software packages including MS Office is preferred, as well as a general level of computer literacy.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in and you are looking for your next exciting career challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world's best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Last application date
State / Province