Auto req ID
We are looking to recruit a HGV Technician on dayshift/backshift.
Overview: 38 hour week, competitive hourly rate + shift allowance + paid overtime + regular training and development, 33 days' holiday, pension scheme.
We are recruiting a HGV Technician who is looking for a career working with a global brand. In this role, you will be carrying out regular MOT preparation and service inspections on a wide range of manufacturers' trucks.
The role will also include fault finding, diagnostic work, carrying out repairs on engines, gearboxes brakes, suspension systems etc. You will also need to use Volvo's in house systems and complete paperwork such as job cards and service sheets.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
· Proven experience as a HGV Mechanic / HGV Technician/ LGV Mechanic, from main manufacturer or other
· NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle or equivalent
· Driving licence (LGV Class 1 would be an advantage)
· Regular overtime with additional payments - shift allowance, enhanced overtime rates and on call allowance + payments per call-out.
· Regular in-house technical training, external courses when required
· 33 days' holiday including bank holidays
· Contributory pension scheme (up to 5%)
· Eye care scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Friend and family discounts on Volvo and Renault cars
· Volvo savings centre - retail and cinema discounts
HGV Technician (days/backs)
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world's best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
State / Province