Auto req ID
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced main dealer HGV Technician / Team Leader to join our prestigious Essex Dealership. Working closely with the team in order to create high levels of morale and focus to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and with excellence in quality. Effective communication with the Workshop Controller and CSR's to ensure that technicians have valid job specifications and time budget prior to work commencing. Ensuring that customer expectations are managed at all times by working with each stage of the service process. Maximising the shifts performance through effective problem solving, coaching & development
· Supervise a team of technicians ensuring that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
· To ensure that you and your team are following the Service Process Maps
· Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
· Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
· Ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets per up-front job specifications
· Manage workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets and provide timely updates on progress to CSR (or customer when out of hours
· Manage job issues / problems in real time to control the quality of the repair and minimise variances versus budgets
· Provide diagnostic and technical assistance to technicians to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
· Ensure time recording procedures are complied with including correct use of X codes as per productivity policy
· Ensure timely hand over of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
· Carry out effective shift hand over including any outstanding repair order & customer issues
· Significant experience of working as a Dealership Technician within the Commercial vehicle industry
· Good knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
· An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
· Warranty & Contract scope & procedures
· The application of Standard Times
· Knowledge of workshop KPI's
· An in-depth understanding of the Service Process stages relevant to the role
· An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business
· Technical product knowledge
· City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Commercial Vehicle Technology
· To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
· To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team of technicians.
· To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
· To have questioning, listening & information gathering skills
· To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed
· To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome
· To be able to understand & analyse technical issues & propose appropriate solutions
· To be able to delegate work to the appropriate personnel
· To be able to operate GDS and Impact systems, specific to the process stages
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
· 22 days rising to 25 with service.
· Pension scheme
· Healthcare Scheme
· Employee discounts across retailers, cinemas, ++++
· Childcare vouchers
· Cycle to work scheme
· Discount on Renault and Volvo cars
· Training towards Master Technician if applicable
· Assistance in gaining a Class 1 & 2 Licence if applicable
Renault Truck Commercials Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
HGV Shift Supervisor
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers' operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province