Auto req ID
TEST DRIVER/YARD HAND
Full time – 40hrs Mon- Fri plus ad hoc Saturdays by request (paid at overtime rate)
c£12.50 pr hr
Our prestigious Reading Dealership is looking for a HGV Class 1 Driver/Yard Hand to support the depot with co-ordination of the MOT Test Lane, collection and delivery of the customer vehicles along with general yardman duties of jet washing the workshop and ad hoc duties as required.
· To present & drive Class 1 & 2 vehicles going into the MOT test lane
· Collection and delivery of Customer vehicles
· Road Testing the vehicles
· Load & Unload vehicles for test.
· To provide driving support as required
· To carry out general duties to ensure the depot is maintained to the standards required.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
· To present & drive Vehicles through MOT test lane
· Load & Unload vehicles for test/couple Uncouple test Trailer
· To carry out driving duties as instructed by the Workshop Supervisor.
· Driving vehicles for test purposes.
· Moving vehicles around the yard
· To ensure the Service Department/Parts Department, workshop facilities and yard areas are kept clean and tidy to the audit standards required, and other areas as and when instructed.
· To control the waste product area.
· To carry out routine gardening and building maintenance of surrounding areas of the site, to undertake minor repairs to workshop, offices and equipment as instructed by the Dealer Point Manager, Service Co-ordinator or Shift Supervisor.
· To treat all customers and their property in a caring manner, with integrity, politeness and providing an excellent level of service.
· Report equipment/facility faults to Dealer Point Manager, Service Co-ordinator or Shift Supervisor.
· To comply with the Company’s standard terms and conditions and ensure all work is carried out within the limitation of the Health and Safety Regulations. Not to endanger yourself or others by risk-taking that may be considered as dangerous or in contradiction of Health & Safety rules.
· To ensure Risk Assessments are used as guidelines to safe working practices at all times.
· To ensure P.P.E. is used and kept in good condition at all times, and to report to supervisor when replacement required.
· To ensure all company vehicles are kept in clean and tidy on a daily basis, and report damages. To keep within the definition of Rules and Regulations laid out in the Highway Code Manual. Driving in a safe, responsible manner.
· Work in accordance with Renault Truck UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
· Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager. Requirements:
· HGV Class 1 Licence
· Customer service skills
· Ability to switch between duties when directed due to the needs of the business
· Flexible approach to overtime when required (paid at time and half)
Renault Truck Commercials Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
HGV Class 1 Driver/Yardsman
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers’ operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province