Auto req ID
Volvo Construction Equipment
Company: Volvo Construction Equipment & Services (VCES)
Organization: Volvo Construction Equipment & Services (VCES) California
Function/Department: VCES, Sales
Position Title: Gov't Sales Representative
Reports To: General Manager, Sales Operations and Remarketing
Positions directly supervised/managed (number of people): 0
Job Summary and Purpose: This position will be accountable for retail sales and rentals of all products represented by VCES to Government entities and municipalities in the State of CA. The incumbent in this position must be organized, a self-starter and an effective communicator that will create consistent and clear channels of communication with all department staff, customers, vendors and management.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities:
· Responsible for equipment sales and rentals to Government entities & municipalities in the State of CA except where grandfathered by incumbent sales representatives (to be defined)
· Active participation in Governmental industry associations
· Preparation of weekly sales forecasts
· Maintaining application and product expertise relative to customer base
· Completion of competitive business reports
· Develop targeted industry marketing programs as required
· Requires close working relationships with Product Support personnel and Rental Manager
· Responsible to forward competitive product information, pricing and industry changes to the Volvo Regional Team
· Work safely at all times. Adhere to all VCES applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, standards, and values REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Must have 3-4 years of strong sales experience with construction industry products and knowledge in various types of ground engaging equipment, including, but not limited to excavators, wheel loaders, articulated hauler trucks, road machinery, portable power products, etc.
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
· Must have at a minimum, a High School diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in business administration or a related field is highly desired Additional Important Requirements:
· Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
· Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 10lbs
· Occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs
· Will be exposed to noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment
· Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment
· Frequent Travel
Gov't Sales Representative
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify