Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Now you have the chance to be part of the Volvo product development and make a difference for the products of one of the leading companies in the transport business. We are entering very interesting and challenging times with new technical solutions being introduced to meet new demands and requirements on our products and to support the transition to a more sustainable transport industry.
The position is placed in the Valvetrain and Auxilliaries group at Base Engine, Powertrain Engineering in Gothenburg. The group is responsible for three different systems on Volvo group's heavy duty engines: Starter System, Front End Auxilliary Drive System, and Valvetrain System. The group is 10 persons in size with a diverse mix in age, background and gender.
As Global Component Responsible (GCR) you will be part a team responsible for development of starter system with the main responsibility of starter motors for Heavy Duty engines. The work includes all phases from advanced engineering, product development, industrialization, and supporting maintenance, quality and aftermarket issues. The components are developed by the suppliers which requires a tight collaboration with these suppliers. The work also requires a tight collaboration with purchasing, manufacturing, quality and maintenance.
We are a global company and the Starter System work is organized in a global team within the Volvo organization with tight collaboration with colleagues in France, US, Brazil and Japan. You will be part of a network of highly skilled people around the globe.
· Lead the Global work to harmonize the development for the starters component area
· Plan and perform releases of technical documentation
· Secure all Component Requirements are captured, documented, and balanced
· Maintain the Design and Verification Guidelines (DVG)
· Take part in concept recommendations
· Support the Engineering Leader with supplier recommendations
· Develop and maintain technical network with Component Engineers
· Responsible for planning and securing technical deliveries of the components
· Give proposal of technical and Advanced Engineering roadmap to Engineering Leader
· Contribute to maintenance activities within the responsible area
· Resolve problem reports (QJ, Protus) Profile:
· You have already a good experience and knowledge of Volvo tools environment
· You have an open and positive attitude, you are flexible and able to take own initiatives
· You are an open-minded person, respect different points of view and are able to establish effective working relations with people from different backgrounds
· You should be able to lead other engineers in your group, suppliers or resident engineers
· You feel comfortable with having a lot of different tasks in work simultaneously
· The job is dependent of a good network within and outside the company; therefore your ability to communicate effectively and to work with persons on different levels and in different areas is essential Doesn't this sound like an interesting opportunity? We're looking forward to reviewing your application!
If you have any questions or want to know more about the role, please get in touch with:
Johan Wallesten, Manager, tel +46 31 3227649 Call: +46 31 3227649
Global Component Responsible - Starter Motor
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province