Auto req ID
Volvo Truck and Bus Centre East Anglia's Loughborough Body & Paint Shop are currently looking to recruit an experienced Bodyshop Mechanic / Technician for their commercial vehicle bodyshop.
At Volvo Truck and Bus we believe our employees are our greatest assets to enable us to deliver excellent service to our customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals, and we cultivate positive working relationships between staff and managers, where ideas are valued.
To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Body Shop.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
Areas of Responsibility include:
· Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy.
· Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
· Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times where appropriate.
· Use Volvo special tools where appropriate.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when must be worn.
· Assist in fault diagnosis.
· Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
· Assist with Action Service Europe when required.
· Assist with good workshop and Dealer point housekeeping at all times.
· Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
· Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV license).
· Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with.
· Ensure that job cards are completed accurately.
· Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop Supervisor.
· Report to your workshop Supervisor when work is completed.
· Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
· Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
· Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
· Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner.
· Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Volvo Truck and Bus (South) image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
· Support the development of any young trainees and apprentices.
Essential - City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
Essential - Experience within a similar role, either from a commercial vehicle environment or automotive.
Body Repair Techncian
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province