Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Would you like to be part of a strong team in the development of future chassis solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Chassis Engineering is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis for conventional trucks as well as for electro-mobility and automation.
This position will report to the Group Manager for Brake System and Vehicle Control in Chassis Engineering Greensboro.
We are looking for a Associate Engineer who can develop, release, and maintain pneumatic components supporting brake systems and accessories for use on Volvo and Mack Heavy Duty Trucks. The candidate will manage their functional area of responsibility in the Application Center by resolving maintenance, quality, and/or factory issues related to their components.
Furthermore, the selected candidate will interpret project requirements, assess feasibility of potential design solutions, ensure Quality/Delivery/Cost/Feature targets are met, and release designs in a formal engineering process. In addition, the Engineer will work with colleagues in the Development Center to secure small and large scaled project deliveries.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Chassis Engineering North America is the product owner of all Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics projects for the Mack and Volvo brands. Chassis Engineering is responsible for Powertrain Installation, Chassis Equipment, Chassis Structures and Analysis, Steering, Axles, Suspension, Brake System and Vehicle Control. We engineer solutions to keep our current products competitive with market demands as well as solutions for products and technologies of the future. Chassis Engineering at Volvo Trucks networks with the entire globe. We have multiple sites in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Come join the team at Volvo Trucks for an exciting and challenging global experience!
Responsibilities and main tasks
As an Associate Mechanical Engineer for the pneumatic installation will be able to support development of installation of braking related components and also routing of airline and electrical harness to these components. Collaborate with our suppliers and operations to ensure that the components be assembled as intended to provide a quality product for our customers.
Ability to learn the Product Development process, CAD with CREO and working with professionals to plan and reach the career goals in a corporate setting.
Examples of typical activities and responsibilities:
· Supporting the development, analysis, verification & documentation of Pneumatic Braking components while achieving targets for performance/ features, quality, and cost
· Interacting with other technical departments, locally & globally
· Supporting the investigation and correction of field quality problems
· Supporting the investigation and correction of manufacturing/ assembly problems Minimum requirements
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
· 0 to 3 years of product development experience in the automotive industry
· Willingness to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) in the long term (via classes are offered by Volvo)
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills Preferred competencies and attributes
· Familiar with CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools for FEA (structural) and/or multi-body vehicle dynamic simulation
· Passion to learn and work on complicated technical problem
· Familiar with PTC Creo tools
· Strong time management skills, customer focus, decision quality, and collaboration
· Proactive work style
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
Associate Engineer, Air Systems
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify