Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Are you the kind of person that loves working with electrical power in vehicle applications? Do you love creating new product features that improve quality and reliability, and make customers happy? Do you want to use your skills to help build a new product platform that will transform the trucking industry?
The role of Power Electrical and Electronics Engineer is to develop, release and support vehicle-based electrical power components of the highest quality. This is a dynamic technology area with high focus within the company as we transition past traditional 12VDC vehicle electrical systems. The position offers a great opportunity to work with a high performing, diverse, and expert power electronics and electrical components engineering team.
In this role you will support efficient and trust-based day-to-day operations, building product ownership and technical experience within the team. You'll demonstrate an innovative and creative mindset to inspire and challenge the organization. You have a positive, can-do attitude, a strong focus on quality, and a personal drive to meet the objectives set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to our product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
This position is for a person with abilities to work under challenging conditions and to create a successful working environment. As a professional, you have strong engineering fundamentals and desire to build broad technical knowhow, combined with great interpersonal skills and passion for continuous improvement. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
· Develop functional and technically feasible concepts for meeting Project pre-requisites.
· Create technical requirements and design specifications for electrical components that deliver the necessary functionality, provide the best reliable functionality and quality, and meet all related regulatory and safety requirements.
· Conduct detailed design reviews with suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders to insure correct component functionality and system integration.
· Conduct quality assurance reviews including FMEAs, Risk Assessments, A3s
· Manage internal and external suppliers to insure components are designed with required feature and function delivery, per specifications and project timing.
· Provide technical ownership and cross-functional technical support to other departments.
· Resolve fault reports and quality improvements related to power components by identifying root cause and corrective actions required.
· Assist with development and designs for improvement of components, systems, costs or assembly/manufacturing methods. Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or a related field is preferred.
· 0-3 years experience in power electrical or electronics developing components or systems, preferably in trucking or similar vehicle/transportation manufacturing industry
· Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
· Have good communication skills
· Be business- and customer-oriented
· Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
· Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
· Leadership competencies: Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Demonstrates Self Awareness, Action Oriented
· Additional Desired Skills & Competencies - any of the following are desired:
· Development of devices using CAN and/or LIN communication protocols
· Design, development, prototyping, and troubleshooting of electrical components, assemblies, or systems
· Mechanical CAD design and modeling experience
· Design, development, prototyping of parts with plastic and sheet metal components
· Device testing or system simulation programming in C/C++, Python, or Matlab
Associate Electrical Engineer, Power Components
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify