Auto req ID
Volvo Construction Equipment
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable Clerk based at our Duxford, South Cambridge Head Office.
The closing date for all applications is 30th July 2017.
Working within the Accounts Payable team, to ensure completion of invoice processing, maintenance of supplier accounts and developing supplier relations.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
· Stamp all invoices and credit notes with the date of receipt.
· Input all invoices and credit notes onto the relevant Accounts Payable system.
· Ensure all invoice approvals are in accordance with current authorisation rules at time of processing.
· Answering any coding queries from staff, regarding GL codes or cost centres.
· Ensure that all supplier queries and enquires are resolved satisfactorily and in a timely manner, either by phone, or e-mail; records of all communications should be carefully maintained for future reference.
· Inform Accounts Payable Manager of any problems and escalating when appropriate.
· Confirming PO numbers when necessary to suppliers to aid the matching of invoices.
· Maintain a query file of all invoices in dispute, including any backup documents, in a manner that is accessible by other member of the Finance staff. Also ensure that suitable notes are added to the screen record of the invoices that are subject to query.
· Special attention should be paid to “red” or legal type letters, to ensure that continuity of supplies is maintained, and that the credit rating of the company remains intact.
· On a monthly basis reconcile supplier statements against accounts payable system to identify any unrecorded invoices and request duplicate for processing.
· Mail all cheques and remittance advices to suppliers/dealers.
· Supplier set up and maintenance, collating relevant information and evidence for bank details, VAT number etc and payment terms.
· Liaise with the Accounts Payable Manager with regard to the various payables control accounts, and assist with reconciliations.
· Be vigilant for invoices & demands for payment that may be fraudulent (such as for advertising space in non-published magazines), and bring any such items to the attention of the Assistant Financial Accountant.
· Protecting organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Providing cover for other team members holiday/ sickness
· Assist the Accounts Payable Manager with any other specific tasks from time to time as requested, bearing in mind the current workload of the accounts payable function.
· Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
· Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
Key Skills / Competencies:
· Personable and confident communicator
· Able to talk to staff across different levels in an organisational structure.
· Good telephone manner.
· Happy to work independently and schedule own tasks.
· Working conscientiously, with good attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritise tasks depending on known deadlines.
· Strong team player.
Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
· Experience of office work
· Professional manner.
· Data entry skills
· Equivalent to 2 yrs experience within Accounts Payable
Additional important requirements:
· Working knowledge of Excel.
· Experience of accounting systems
The Volvo Group UK Ltd is an equal opportunities Employer.
Country - To display Flexible positions, type in Flexible.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Finance & Control
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Construction Equipment , one of the world's leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date