Role Title: VGx Group Enterprise Accountant
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
By joining the Corporate Functions team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees. The team is varied; you could be working within Human Resources, Finance, Legal, External Affairs, Audit or Supply Chain. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
VGx is the area of Finance Operations that provides financial process support to Group and Group Enterprise entities. In addition to paying the bills and counting the beans, we ensure Group accounting policies and financial operating policies are complied with. We ensure the financial results are prepared and reported in accordance with these policies and processes and assist the wider finance team understand the results.
In VGx we target to drive consistency and excellence across 55 trading entities in 30 countries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join VGx Finance Operations, part of Group Finance, in a role supporting Group Enterprise.
The role is suitable for a strong financial accountant with several years post qualification experience. Experience of Telecoms is not vital but helpful. An ability to use SAP and strong analytical skills including excel will be required. You should have a proven track record of producing quality written documents that are clear and written in plain English. Candidates will be required to demonstrate very good accounting and business understanding. You should be up to date with technical accounting developments.
Joining us as a VGx Group Enterprise accountant you can be part of our empowering finance function. The Future is exciting. Ready?
· Understanding and interpretation of the financial accounting and reporting inputs and outputs of Group Enterprise
· Understanding and analysing the impact of foreign exchange rates on the actual reported results of Group Enterprise (and Vodafone Group Services)
· Consideration of accounting for legal, contractual and constructive obligations and relationships
· Driving improvement in Fin Ops elements of profit centre, cost centre and reporting hierarchies
· Contribute to accounting decisions and treatments in Group Enterprise, covering Carrier, Internet Of Things, Cloud and Security, Vodafone Global Enterprise customers and support areas
· Contribute to IFRS15 accounting and reporting in Group Enterprise
· Produce accounting technical papers to a high standard on any accounting concepts, treatments and transactions
· Participate in balance sheet forecasting for cash flow forecasting
· Reporting of actual cash flows and understanding of variances to prior year, prior month, detailed budget and budget.
· Support Enterprise Finance with Month End activities; liaising with local markets as required
· Point of contact for Managed Network Services overseas with Finance Planning & Analysis and Finance Decision Support to ensure rigor around reporting, balance sheet and books closure etc
· Driving alignment and compliance with the Finance Operating Model in Global Enterprise
· Participate in the operation and documentation of key controls over the balance sheet and profit and loss account
· Support the quarterly financial and non-financial certification process
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Accountable for ensuring integrity of month end reporting in Group Enterprise
· Accountable for and ownership of accounting technical papers
· Accountable for and ownership of documentation of key accounting treatments
Apply if you have / are:
· Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferable)
· Proficient in use of SAP
· Proficient in the use of MS Office and associated software
· Expertise regarding IFRS accounting principles
· Strong technical accounting knowledge
· Highly capable of applying IFRS standards in real world scenarios
· Expertise in navigating a complex accounting solution and the corresponding interactions between people, systems and data
· Ability to identify and clearly specify changes to systems/data/processes
· Strong communicator with the ability to manage stakeholders/non-direct reports effectively to implement changes
· Highly experienced in the operation of financial controls
· Telecom industry/technology experience is desirable
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people's individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/our-business/corporate/finance/
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/life-vodafone/?page=1#content
The future is exciting. Ready?