Description de l'offre
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We're at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We're immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer's eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The H Band QA Engineer role is based within the Technology Business Unit.
The role of the QA Engineer is to be responsible for the quality assurance of the online application portfolio through testing and improving the automated testing process in Vodacom online. The QA engineer will ensure world class solutions are deployed on the Vodacom self-service channels. Additionally the analyst will ensure optimal testing processes and procedures are being adhered to, through working with internal and external team members and suppliers.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Testing and Validating solutions.
· Defect, incident and problem management.
· Defining solution improvements in the testing environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Minimum undergraduate college degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
· 4+ years of relevant online experience
· 3+ years of relevant applications operations experience
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have an in depth knowledge and understanding of the following:
· Knowledge of mobile applications and web sites optimized for mobile devices (iOS/Android)
· Knowledge of SOA concepts, ESB service integration, e-commerce, Java technologies, HTML 5
· Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management tools
· Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional customer service focus
· Deep insight in web applications testing.
· Measured against quality of product deployed into production
· Improvement in processes and delivery as well associated metrics.
· Reducing story rejection rate through developing an excellence culture in scrum teams.
The base location for this role is Midrand, Techno Park .
The Company's approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.