Role Title: Principal Cloud Service Architect
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The team has accountability for the service architecture for Group Data Centre’s (GDC) Public Cloud Services/products.
It’s accountable for defining and driving Cloud adoption and migration strategy for moving workloads to public cloud environments (especially Amazon).
Working together with Product Management and Engineering Teams to assess new technologies and develops new services for GDC’s Managed AWS customers, while providing lifecycle management of existing Public Cloud Services and technologies.
Joining us as a Principal Cloud Services Architect you can be part of a team responsible for defining major enterprise level Cloud solutions. The Future is exciting. Ready?”
With us you will:
· Analyse existing technology landscapes and understand current application workloads
· Understand and document technical requirements from customers and define Migration strategies to move applications to the cloud
· Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, S3 etc.) and tools
· Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets and availability zones
· Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
What you can expect from us:
You will have full accountability and visibility for enterprise level cloud providing projects, with the opportunity to become a Cloud SME in your next role.
Apply if you have :
· Certification on AWS architecture
· In depth knowledge of key AWS services such as EC2, S3, AWS platforms, tools, AWS provisioning and cluster spinning
· Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from architecture standpoint
· Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers etc.,) and mentor team to build necessary competency
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness with key stakeholders in client organization.
We’re happy if you:
Experience of any of the following:
· Azure, Azure Resource Manager
· Atlassian Suite products including Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Terraform, Consul, Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
· Microservice architecture,
· Python, Lambda,or FedRAMP
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact
The future is exciting. Ready?