Role Title: Prime IP CORE Engineer
Location: Birmingham - Small Heath
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Support the multiple IP Networks and platforms within Vodafone international Networks.
The role will provide the 2 nd line support and ownership in the following areas to ensure availability of network and platform 24x7
· Incidents management
· Support provide and build activity
· Manage complex and long running Faults
· Manage and assist with change activity
· Provide Infrastructure maintenance to support customer and platform requirements.
· On-boarding of New Networks and systems.
· Act as primary engineering during Major incidents
This is a real-time operational role providing support for complex multi-technology solutions. – Engineers will be asked to either a Shift or just day working rotation.
Joining us as a Prime IP CORE Engineer you can be part of our empowering terminals function. The Future is exciting. Ready?”
With us you will:
· Adhere with the quality and security standards while executing day to day operational responsibilities within agreed SLA/KPI.
· Service restoration for complex faults (Technology & Solution based).
· Timely and effective consultation with other Vodafone agencies as required restoring service.
· Ensure that escalation is in line with both customer and internal guidelines
· Root Cause analysis for complex major incidents & escalated faults
· Provide technical and fault management input to customer and management fault reports.
· Where required, support new technology, service & solution.
· Support training needs of new starters
· Support customer Project and Change delivery activities as required
Key performance indicators:
· SLA and KPI objectives
· ROW adherence
· Departmental objectives
Apply if you have:
· High level understanding of Ethernet IP & Data technologies, networks & solutions (Cisco, Alcatel, Juniper) CCNA or CCNP or CCIP
· Good Analytical approach to problem solving.
· Full SC / BS Security Clearance
· A minimum of three years’ experience in an appropriate telecommunications field with a high level of understanding of the technologies used within CORE IP networks Network.
· Follow the use of common processes.
· Ability to remain calm when working to demanding timescales and deadlines.
· Good communication skills, written and verbal.
· Proactively identify self-development needs.
· Good understanding of IT based services.
· Have a solid level of understanding to cover all networks discipline’s,
· Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential with relevant experience
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact
The future is exciting. Ready?