Role Title: Data Domain Architect
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country's most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We're focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Working as a Data Solution Architect within the Data Domain you will be creating end to end solutions that meet the business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the target Global reference architecture and UK architectural principles.
You will be expected to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including project teams, IT specialist architects and the business, service operations, technology partners and Group Architecture/Technology.
The Data Solution Architect will work predominantly in the early stages of projects that require data management solutions to ensure they are fit for further delivery activity. This will involve assessing impacts from technical and business changes occurring across the IT estate as well as from business requirements.
The Data Solution Architect will provide estimates of effort required from the Data Solution Build and Test teams for each project and articulate the required delivery activity through creation of data application designs. This requires excellent communication skills to ensure complex technical concepts are clearly explained and understood both written and verbally. Working across key programmes and alongside project teams with partners and suppliers to produce Impact assessments, high level designs and assuring detailed solution designs.
All solutions are expected to be cost effective and compliant to strategy and regulation.
In addition, you will be expected to develop and provide high level subject matter expertise on the IT Technology estate contributing to the development of the IT Strategy and supporting Investment plans.
Joining us as a Data Domain Architect you can be part of our empowering terminals function. The Future is exciting. Ready?”
With us you will:
· Lead architecture effort for small to medium projects or be a member of an Architecture team for larger programmes including impact assessments and resource and capacity cost estimations.
· Produce Technical Impact Analysis, estimates of effort for project delivery and Technical Options Papers to make key decisions.
· Produce application designs for data management systems (Enterprise Data Warehouse, Operational Data Stores and ETL amongst others) that include data models, data flows and ensure coverage of all required data scenarios
· Use data profiling tools and techniques to inform design activities by detecting trends, patterns and outliers
· Perform Capacity Impact analysis to determine infrastructure and licensing requirements
· Design job scheduling and ensure inter-dependencies across jobs are correctly configured and managed
· Ensure security, regulatory and operational factors are considered in design
· Manage or assist as requested the delivery of technical solutions that provide business advantage through effective right time, right cost, and right solution design.
· Work with product vendors and system integrators and cross functional teams in achieving the above.
Apply if you have:
· Technical competency of solution design in a Telco.
· Understanding of what it means to be a “digital telco”
· Understanding of Telco BSS & OSS architecture and multi-channel customer service.
· Ability to work within a technical environment performing technical design and/or system analysis roles across technical domains.
· Demonstrated Technology background with associated academic technical qualification and/or experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to present technical solutions in easy to understand business language.
· Enthusiastic and keen attitude to developing knowledge in existing and upcoming technologies.
· Ability to build and maintain strong ongoing relationships across a business with internal and external stakeholders.
· Have a creative and inquisitive nature to support problem solving and solution design.
· Strong self-management skills with the ability to manage own workload to complete assigned tasks to time and quality.
· Data Architecture - Data Warehouse, Data Mart, ODS, ETL, reporting, analytics, master data management
· Data Modelling – 3NF, Dimensional, Star Schema
· Understanding of Telco BSS and OSS architectures and applications
· Excellent SQL
· Good experience of multiple RDBMS at least including Teradata and Oracle
· Previous exposure to database scripting and programming languages at least including BTEQ, SQL*Plus and PL/SQL
· Experience with Ab Initio ETL and extended suite of products Meta-Data Hub, Control Centre, Data Quality Environment, Data Profiler
· Experience with Oracle Data Integrator
· Experience with Business Intelligence suites at least including Business Objects and MicroStrategy
· Understanding of data management applications such as Master Data Management
· TOGAF certified or with significant architecture experience at a strategic level.
· Data Modelling tools e.g. ErWIN, Sybase PowerDesigner
· CDC technologies e.g. Oracle GoldenGate
· Experience with Cloud Platforms e.g. AWS, Azure especially cost effective selection and management
· Experience with DevOps concepts such as automated deployments and configurations
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people's individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact
The future is exciting. Ready?