Apprentice Voice IP Engineer (Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship)
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don't just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people's lives. And that's a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
And what's it like to work here?
Vodafone have created a diverse work and supportive environment open to all to ensure Vodafone is the most customer focused and therefore most successful communications business in the UK.
At Vodafone, we firmly believe that we're at our best when you're at yours, and that's why our apprenticeships offer exceptional work and training with exceptional people.
You can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you,
Based within our Technology Enterprise Services area at locations across the UK, our apprentices receive mentoring and training within Voice IP Engineering in addition to classroom training to achieve their Level 3 apprenticeship (Unified Communications Technician) – all within 24 months.
Through the Voice IP Engineer apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and qualifications to become fully competent in the role of Associate Engineer upon completion of the scheme.
About the role
This is about creating and mapping the customer's organisation on to Vodafone network so we support their business activity, delivering voice call, text, data & video. Whilst in the role you will learn the aspects of customer build and configuration for these Voice and IP customers.
Some of the key responsibilities, which we'll train you to do, are as follows:
· Implement provide orders for customers, as per quality standards.
· Problem solving, work logically through problems referring support by team
· Work with team colleague engineers to understand and learn ‘best practise'
· Fix faults reported by our customer into the technical office.
· Monitor and maintain the network, by performing routine maintenance assignments.
· Learn about, apply and contribute to processes that support the business.
· Expand your skills and drive your personal development and grow your own career.
· Knowledge of the latest technological deployments, be at the leading edge in telecoms
What we will be looking for in you
We are looking for passionate, self-starters with a keen sense of curiosity, a desire to fix anything, to learn new skills quickly, that the rapid technological changes demand. Be able demonstrate an ability to share with colleagues using communication and team-working skills. We need individuals with the ability to work in a focused and flexible manner to meet tight deadlines.
You need to be 18 years or over on 1st Sept 2017 and match the following requirements:
· A full clean driving license
· A minimum of 6 GCSEs at grade C or above, or an equivalent level qualification such as a Level 2 apprenticeship.
· Have lived in the EU for 3 years or more and have the right to work
So how do we show our appreciation of you? The rewards extend beyond the great pay;
· We offer a competitive salary £18,800 per annum.
· Enjoy a package of benefits that includes a generous holiday allowance
· Range of benefits and rewards to suit your lifestyle and opportunities
· Many discount offers on your shopping as well as Vodafone products.
· Our on-going mission to support your personal development to help you grow and progress throughout your career. – it's as important to retain our employees as it is our customers!
So, if you love technology as much as we do, this is where it's at. Shouldn't you be here too?
We're committed to recruiting the best people, regardless background. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition or any other individual need, we'd be happy to talk to you about making reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process that will enable you to be your best
We're at our best when you're at yours. Power to you
Locations: Smale House, Borough, London (Southwark)