AI & Machine Learning Architect
Location: London, Bracknell, Newbury – (there is flexibility for the right candidate)
About the Opportunity
Imagine working where you have the agility of a start-up and the resources of a global corporate. A place where sophisticated technologies and like-minded colleagues combine, equipping you to turn invisible, unstructured data into something incredible. Where predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analysis reveal what's possible – so you can make it powerful.
“We are looking for talented individuals with a blend of ability, self-motivation and a passion for data and technology to come and join us. The role of the “AI & Machine Learning expert” is a key position within Group Technology, Strategy & Architecture team.
What you will do:
As the AI & Machine Learning Expert you will be responsible for scoping and executing thought leading proof of concepts to further the Analytics vision and bring new capabilities to market to make a difference for our customers. The successful candidate will also contribute to the Big Data & Analytics Architecture and Strategy that directly influences the direction that Vodafone and it's local markets will pursue.
So if you want to push the boundaries of AI and make tomorrows vision a reality, then join the team that's making that happen.
· Acts as the principal technical expert in the field of Analytics, identifying opportunities to make a commercial difference and leads the development of analytics initiatives to meet business requirements
· Translates complex datasets into strategic insights for the business and communicates simply to non-technical audiences, visualising results, to create understanding and solution buy-in
· Develops analytics products to solve real business problems, taking account of user needs and technology and operational landscape, setting guidance to use case and algorithm development.
· Identifies new analytics trends and opportunities to drive the innovation agenda across business functions & Advanced Analytics
· Supports the prioritisation of both internal and external data assets and works with technology in setting key requirements for data sourcing
A recognised expert in artificial intelligence, cognitive computing, and related fields, you'll have a record of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations. You'll be forward-thinking when it comes to innovative digital deployment of analytics, and have experience of creative sourcing and data use. To this, you'll add knowledge of multi-dimensional scaling, bootstrapping, matrix algebra and graph theory, an R&D focus, plus a PhD in computer science, statistics or similar.
· Recognised as an expert in the community, mentoring and advising colleagues on statistical techniques, algorithms and data sources
· Doctoral/ Post-doctoral experience (or equivalent) in fields like Machine Learning/ AI, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
About Vodafone Group
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Technology spans across the entire Vodafone footprint and drives our technology advancements, to enable us to be the best and most secure in unified communications. We empower our consumer and enterprise customers to be confidently and securely connected. Our unique capabilities create the best voice and data to our customers and continue our advancement in the Internet of Things (IOT), BIG Data, Cybersecurity, Cloud & Hosting, TV and Video. We're heading to an exciting future – fancy being part of our Vodafone Gigabit growth?
What's in it for you?
We'll help you be the best you can be, with dedicated support and mentoring, plenty of opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you'll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
As well as a generous basic salary, annual company bonus, you also have 28 day's holiday, company pension scheme, Life Insurance, product discounts and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Do you want to Learn more?
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click now to apply.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here .
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at