HUMAN RESOURCES - HR Graduate/Apprentice
Graduate HR Assistant
ROLE: Graduate HR Assistant
LOCATION: Basingstoke, Hampshire
ROLE: Permanent / Full-time
This is a permanent role but the first two years comprise a structured graduate development programme with the goal that you are a competent HR Advisor, qualified or part qualified, at the end of that initial period.
Joining a small HR Team in a true generalist role, will gain exposure to alll aspects of Human Resources Management.
Initially you will own all routine processes, such as new starter onboarding, in an accurate and organised manner. You will provide guidance and support to Employees, Managers and members of the Leadership Team on all aspects of HR activity.
The role would suit a recent graduate with a degree in Human Resources Management, Humanities or a relevant Business Management discipline.
You will be organised, articulate and able to work on your own initiative. You should also have excellent communication skills, and be able to interact with all levels of the organisation.
In return we can offer hands on experience in a wide range of HR activities and a structured plan of training and development to support you to be a confident and experienced HR Advisor at end of the graduate programme.
Whilst a driving license is not essential, you should be able to easily commute to our offices in Basingstoke Hampshire, with occasional travel to undertake training and development activities.
· Recent degree in a Humanities or Business subject is required,
· Recent degree in Human Resource Management or similar is desirable.
· Part CIPD qualified or appetite to work towards becoming qualified.
· Previous experience of an administrative role, ideally in a fast-moving environment, would be adventageous
Skills & Abilities
· Must be confident with standard Microsoft Applications; Word, Powerpoint Outlook etc.
· Intermediary knowledge of Excel and ability to manipulate data would be desirable.
· Previous experience with a HRIS database is not essential but would be adventageous.
· Ability to communicate and Influence at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
· Can express their view in a professional manner and seek approval / buy in from appropriate sources.
· Highly organised, reliable with strong attention to detail.
· A flexible approach to work, able to accommodate conflicting demands on time and resources.
· Can work under their own initiative without supervision.
Takes pride in their professional network, utilising tools such as LinkedIn to raise their profile externally and assist activity such as Recruitment.
· Has a desire to develop and drive to undertake activities that progress their knowledge and experience, including training, coaching, mentoring, e-learning, etc
· Tactful and diplomatic
· Works in a confidential manner
· Ideally you will live within a 1-hour commute of Basingstoke
· Can undertake occasional travel on Company business.
Monday - Friday 09:00 to 17:30
Europe, United Kingdom, England, South East
3 Jays Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire