Who are Axians?
Axians is a modern technical services provider, we design, build and manage IT solutions for some of the most demanding customers in the world.
Combining consultancy expertise, technical knowledge and industry experience with ‘best of breed’ technologies, Axians has earned a reputation as an innovative technical system integrator capable of successfully optimising end-to-end next generation communication networks.
This is a chance to be part of a strong services organisation with great long term prospects, career growth and learning.
What does the role look like?
We're expanding our team! We're on the search for an ATS Engineer (Focal Engineer) to support and add value to our incredible Advanced Technical Support Team. Reporting to the Head of Support, you will be the primary contact for nominated major Service Provider (SP) customers. Relationship building is key. You will provide fault diagnosis and troubleshooting with excellent technical knowledge of a SP network environment. Providing escalation to the Axians Service Operation Centre (NOC) and through to Vendors you will take ownership throughout the customer incident lifecycle.
Already with a minimum of JNCIS and previous experience in a 2nd or 3rd line Juniper focused operational support role, you’ll be competent in networking concepts and applications including hands on configuration activities. You’ll be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and will be able to provide examples of great customer service.
Not only will you work with a highly experienced team but will be given the opportunity to build your accreditation to professional level and higher.
Sound interesting? Here's what we're looking for:
· Proven experience in a 2nd/3rd line operational/managed services provider support role
· Competent in networking concepts and applications including hands on configuration activities
· Good documentation skills
· Good protocol knowledge including BGP, MPLS, OSPF and ISIS
· Juniper product knowledge to include MX, EX and ideally SRX
· Great organisational skills with a 'can do' approach
· Ability to help build, document and follow standard procedures and processes
· An individual who can take ownership, communicate across all levels of the business as well as relationship building with key customer contacts
This role is likely to require security clearance. Ideally you will already be SC cleared, or you must be prepared to undertake checks with a view to becoming SC cleared.