Veolia Water Technologies , the world leader in water treatment. Veolia Water Technologies provide complete solutions for water treatment. Innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, our differentiating water treatment processes enable us to offer solutions suited to every application. We are experts in water.
The role of the Water Hygiene Service Technician is to complete water hygiene services on behalf of the company’s client portfolio ensuring that all works comply with the requirements of ACOPL8 & HSG274. They are the primary point of contact for clients during work on-site and are responsible for the Health and Safety aspects of activities as well as ensuring all required reports are completed in a professional and timely fashion. The post of Water Hygiene Technician is a mobile role and they will work at various locations, mainly Bristol, South Wales, and southeast England but not necessarily limited to these areas. They are part of the Field Service team and will report to the Service Support Manager who is based at the Billingham Office.
What will I be doing?
· To ensure that client sites are provided with the appropriate water hygiene services and
· are compliant with all industry-specific and Health & Safety legislation.
· Communicating with customers to ensure that all work completed is satisfactory and that issues are reported on the day of the visit both verbally and electronically.
· Maintaining excellent site housekeeping.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with key client personnel & colleagues.
· Completing field documentation and reports via ZetaSafe, Word, and Excel and also ensuring they are circulated to the relevant people within the required time frames.
· Proactive in making recommendations to clients and/or Account Managers for improvements to existing systems.
· Responsible for maintaining an inventory of commonly required tools and spares for water hygiene works.
· Takes all reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and that of others. Complies with all current legislation and any prevailing site rules. Reports any accidents, incidents, or near misses in accordance with Company or client policies.
· Works to achieve K.P. I’s and targets set and agreed with line manager.
· Maintaining and updating water industry knowledge.
· Carry out Legionella and TVC sampling.
· Carry out general water hygiene temperature monitoring.
· Carry out shower clean and descales.
· Carry out cold water storage tank inspections and report back findings with
· Carry out thermostatic mixer valve servicing.
· Record results, add assets, and set up new customer sites via Zeta mobile application.
· Liaising with the Water Hygiene Supervisor with regards to all technical issues.
· Maintain regular communication with the Service Support Supervisor and Service Support Manager.
Do I have what it takes?
· Good basic IT knowledge and experience with using emails and Google apps.
· Holder of full UK driving license.
· At least one year of experience in Legionella control services to include;
· Temperature monitoring of hot and cold water systems,
· Inspection of cold water tanks, clean and disinfection techniques for cold water storage
· tanks / calorifiers / showers and TMV servicing.
· Able to work as part of a team or on own
Experience/knowledge of TMV Servicing, reading Legionella Risk Assessments and in using Zeta mobile or equivalent programme.
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external run training as required for the role.
Veolia offers the following benefits to name a few;
25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
And also..... Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
(* Some benefits are based on successful completion of a probation period and length of service )
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.