Summary: The Santa Paula Water Recycling Facility is a domestic, commercial and industrial wastewater treatment plant designed to treat 4.2 MGD Daily.
The Operator independently and in a team setting operates, maintains, repairs and inspects wastewater treatment plant. This includes the collection of water samples per state regulations, performing process control laboratory testing, recording data and preparing regulatory reports, adjusting chemical feed rates, and other similar duties following company, local, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures to ensure environmental compliance.
Under direct supervision, assists in the operation in treatment process monitoring and interpreting gauges, dials and other analytical displays.
Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning.
Duties involve working with a variety of Plant equipment such as pumps, filters, chemical valves, screens, mixers and electric motors; may deliver samples to the laboratory for testing as required and assist in conducting testing as directed and performs other duties as assigned.
Conducts regular inspections of the facilities and perform operations and maintenance as needed or dictated by Operations & Maintenance Manuals, and regulatory guidelines.
Utilize SCADA system to monitor and operate facility.
Maintains accurate records and logs, assists in maintaining facilities, grounds in a clean and orderly condition, and observes appropriate safety procedures, including those related to working in confined spaces and the safe handling of treatment chemicals.
Attends and participates in meetings, trainings, and safety sessions and is required to perform related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
Essential Job Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Requires valid CA Wastewater Certification (Grade I-III).
· Requires working knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
· Requires ability to diagnose plant-wide process problems and take remedial action, and to troubleshoot equipment.
· Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
· Requires good reading, math, writing, and verbal communication skills; scientific and mechanical aptitude; and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment.
· Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate all equipment in facility which may include pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed, odor control, belt filter press and measuring/control devices, testing equipment, and material handling equipment.
· Requires ability to plan, organize, train, and functionally supervise subordinates.
· Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions.
· Must have the ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
· Must have a valid California driver's license and a safe driving record.
· Requires working in outside and inside environments with noise and all temperatures and climatic conditions. Must be able to lift and carry 60 pounds. Ability to perform tasks standing and walking.