Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
· Incumbent in this class performs operational duties related to repairing wastewater mechanical equipment. Responsibilities include troubleshooting wastewater equipment; determining schedules and equipment repair requirements; performing preventative maintenance; and installing new and rebuilt pumps, motors, augers, gear drives rollers, controllers, blowers, and heat-exchangers etc.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
· Performs preparatory work, including ensuring all required materials and equipment are available.
· Performs mechanical duties, including troubleshooting wastewater equipment problems; performing preventative maintenance; inspecting work sites for potential problems; determining scheduling and equipment repair requirements; and installing new and rebuilt pumps, motors, augers, gear drives, rollers, controllers, blowers, and heat exchangers.
· Inventories materials and equipment to ensure adequate supply levels.
· Performs cleanup duties, including cleaning up spills and debris, picking up tools, cleaning work area, and performing touchup work as needed.
Education / Experience / Background
· High School diploma or GED
· Two (2) years of experience operating and repairing wastewater equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
· Various types of wastewater mechanical equipment;
· Methods and techniques used in repairing wastewater mechanical equipment;
· Tools and equipment used in maintaining/repairing wastewater mechanical equipment;
· Theories and principles of basic mathematics;
· Occupational hazards and safety regulations governing wastewater mechanical equipment maintenance/repair activities.
· Maintaining and repairing wastewater mechanical equipment;
· Applying proper lifting techniques;
· Performing basic mathematical computations;
· Using tools and equipment related to wastewater mechanical equipment repair/maintenance;
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other County personnel, officials, and the general public;
· Communication and interpersonal techniques as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
· Experience in a large MBR plant is preferred.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
· Typically holds or is working toward a first level treatment certificate. (Requires minimum water/wastewater license as required by regulatory agencies at site).
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. www.veolianorthamerica.com
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.