Seureca is the Veolia Consulting Engineers unit, providing expert solutions for utilities, public organizations, and industries to efficiently manage their water, waste, and energy services.
We provide support in master plan and feasibility studies, design and project management, and technical assistance to operations.
Contributing directly to customers' sustainability performance in the public and private sectors, Seureca allows clients to develop while also protecting the environment.
In 2015, a management contract has been signed between Guinea and the consortium Veolia-Seureca for the management of the company Electricité de Guinée (EDG). As part of this contract, Seureca is providing technical assistance to all departments of EDG. The objective of the project is to provide a technical assistance to the Commercial department of EDG.
Numerous projects have been launched for the transformation and modernization of EDG Commercial Department, including the implementation of a new customer management software and the deployment of smart meters for large customers.
The Commercial department is also in charge of the customer census. It started at the end of 2017 and will continue for 18 months on the whole perimeter served by EDG. This vast operation is conducted by an outside company, but requires significant supervision by EDG to ensure the quality of the data collected. Moreover, to fully benefit from the census results, this operation requires even more important work to integrate census data: updating of the customer database and regularization of illegal consumers.
Description of the responsibilities:
With the support of the project coordinator, the PANGEO will participate in the 2 following tasks:
1. Follow-up of the customer census:
- Monitoring of the outside operator (IRAF) - setting up indicators
- Review or formalization of the quality procedures for EDG and IRAF
- Quality control of the data
2. Monitoring the integration of collected data
- Follow-up of the update of the customer database for existing customers and quality control
- Follow-up of the commercial regularization of illegal consumers
3. Follow-up the installation of smart meters for large customers and the implementation of the dedicated system.