Position based in Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1TB
Closing date 21st August 2018
Shifts 06:00 - 15:00 Monday to Friday with overtime available
Our employees are the people that make the world go round. They make sure that the cities, towns and villages that you live in are safe, clean and warm. They keep things running smoothly for people today, and for our kids tomorrow. It may not always be glamorous, but their work really matters.
You will be responsible for driving a street cleaning vehicle to maintain and clean public spaces within the local area.
· Drive and operate any cleansing vehicle supplied by Veolia, having first received the relevant training
· To comply with all traffic laws and legislation with relation to your duties
· To accurately complete appropriate forms and paperwork
· Perform duties in an efficient and effective manner that will ensure maximum productivity.
· Report locations of any fly tipping, graffiti, fly posting or damaged/missing litter bins
· Drivers are responsible for ensuring at the end of their shift the vehicle is tipped, washed and the cab is left clear of litter, uniform and personal effects
· Ensure that all accidents that occur during you shift are reported to your Supervisor/Working Foreman, to the police if appropriate and all accident reports are completed before you leave work.
· You could be required to work overtime and weekends as required to complete your work.