Veolia currently has an opportunity for an experienced Security Officer to join our team at the Eraring Power Station and help ensure daily operations are able to run smoothly and safely. You'll be the primary point of contact for clients and visitors to the site, and maintain a secure site and the protection of all site assets, employees, contractors and visitors.
· Undertaking security tasks to ensure they are compliant with the Security Licensing Enforcement Directorate.
· Working as part of a shift roster, in line with operational requirements.
· Provide a high level of security to office staff, buildings and properties.
· Screen visitors before allowing them to enter the premises.
· Implement preventative measures against accidents, thefts and other risks.
· Coordinate emergency services response including police, fire brigade, etc
· Ensure compliance of applicable policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
· Conduct Drug and Alcohol screening as required by site policies.
· Report on all site security incidents within the required timeframes
Ideal candidate profile
To be considered for this role, you must have:
· At least 3 years proven experience as a security guard.
· Must possess a valid NSW Security License or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
· Have a strong knowledge of security and emergency operations.
· Be able to handle emergency situations effectively while remaining calm.
· Display a professional demeanour at all times.
· Be able to work independently while also being a team player
· Valid NSW drivers license
· Must exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
If you feel you would be suited to this role please apply today!
Veolia is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity and we encourage female and Indigenous applicants to apply. To view Veolia's Reconciliation Action Plan please visit: www.veolia.com.au/rap