Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Responsible for supervising a team(s) of field employees in providing services to clients that result in the safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Coordinates subcontractors and field personnel within the job specifications and regulatory guidelines. Provides guidance and training to all field service employees. Prepares project estimates, proposals, and assists with contract preparation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages team(s) including hiring, evaluating, and disciplinary actions.
· Complies with all applicable governmental regulations, and VES-T policies and procedures.
· Recognize and act on opportunities to increase value-added services that benefits customers.
· Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing and/or potential problems.
· Comply with and enforce all compliance, health and safety, and procedures in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Ensure completion and accuracy of all DOT/EPA and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paperwork.
· Ensure completion of all mandatory training courses as required by OSHA as well as updated refresher courses instituted by the company.
· Oversees the operation and maintenance of all equipment to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Other duties as assigned.
· BS in Chemistry or BA in related science discipline or equivalent work experience required
· 5 to 7 years of hazardous waste experience required
· 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
· A valid Drivers License is required
· Ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (Class A or B) is required.
· 40-hour HAZWOPER Training
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Knowledge of disposal capabilities and limitations prior to shipping waste materials to ensure efficient disbursement and storage.
· Computer proficiency
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
· Strong customer service orientation
· Possess ability to follow through on projects to completion.
· Complete knowledge and understanding of contract provisions and terms.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills
· Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law. VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.