Veolia Australia & New Zealand is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
With the global expertise gained from serving the environment for more than 150 years, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries around the world, with well over a hundred sites and over 4000 employees in Australia.
Veolia, being at the centre of this century's biggest challenges, offers opportunities to make a difference, for your career and also for the environment and our community. In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
This is where you come in.
As part of the Manufactured Water Projects Team, you will initiate and deliver projects and manage change related to the Western Corridor Recycled Water Project in liaison with the Projects and Restart Manager.
This 12 month Fixed Term Contract as the Project Engineer Water Operations - Western Corridor has your name all over it!
You will enjoy making this role your own, preparing and managing all necessary change management documentation, developing and managing the project scope, costs and schedule (MS Project) and coordinating design reviews, project risk assessments and HAZOPS with all design and operations disciplines.
Are you up for the challenge?
Ideal candidate profile
Key requirements of the role:
· Prepare detailed project scope in accordance with relevant scheme standards and specifications, Australian Standards and other important information.
· Identify, manage, update and issue controlled versions of all documentation that needs to be modified as a result of the change (such as drawings, manuals and operational procedures).
· Liaise with operations and maintenance, procurement and asset management teams to ensure successful implementation of a project.
· Coordinate site visits for all subcontractors who wish to tender or quote on project work.
· Preparation of purchase orders for approved works.
· Coordination of any shutdown work to ensure Scheme production requirements are met.
· Provide project oversight to ensure all quality requirements of a project are met
· Manage subcontractors and consultants for delivery of project outcomes (including site supervision of subcontractors and technical oversight of engineering consultants).
Required qualifications, experience and skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar relevant discipline.
· Knowledge of chemical, mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines with a preference for construction experience.
· Excellent understanding of computing systems including Microsoft Project with experience or exposure to Google suite of programs (Google Docs and Google Sheets a bonus).
· Understanding of an operating plant environment.
· Understanding of Quality, Environmental and OH&S management systems.
· Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects concurrently is desirable
· Driver's licence.
Your core values and commitment are underpinned by ours including our Always Safe Charter and your personal attributes include but are certainly not limited to:
· Highly competent proven writing and project reporting ability.
· Communication and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to work in a team environment.
· Planning and organisational ability.
· Enthusiastic and self motivated.
· Demonstrates a high work and safety ethic.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Access to first class structured training and development opportunities
· Full access to a range of our employee benefits including, wellbeing and financial programs, travel discounts and salary sacrifice options
The rewards are many with this role - come and be a part of our global success story in the Water sector here in Queensland!
Applications must be received via the Veolia Recruitment Portal
NOTE: applications sent directly to HR will not be considered.
For additional information on this exciting opportunity, please feel free to call in confidence Christine Collins, Talent Acquisition Specialist Veolia Brisbane on (07) 3231 7484.