Veolia Water Technologies are specialists in process water and wastewater solutions. As one of the leading water and wastewater treatment companies in the UK, we have over 80 years of experience in helping businesses of all sizes with water purification, industrial effluent and sustainable water saving needs.
Our full range of services also includes mobile water treatment, water treatment chemicals, laboratory, healthcare and water recovery systems.
We are experts in water.
Where will I be working?
The role can be based at our Stoke, High Wycombe or Birmingham office but there will be travel to each of the sites required each week.
What will I be doing?
The role of Procurement Officer is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop within the Company and become a valued member of the Procurement team. Reporting to the Head of Purchasing,Quality and Environment , you will be responsible for the procurement of materials and providing purchasing support to the rest of the team.
· Liaising with the site teams to ensure best practice for the procurement of subcontractors, products and service;
· Assisting the business in developing our supply chain management;
· Drive best value on procurement activities within the business;
· Assist in the process that our supply chain is appropriately approved;
· Working to reduce the number of the suppliers that are used;
· Improving internal procurement processes to ensure most efficient methods of purchasing;
· Work with the proposals team to assist with the build up of costings, allowing the company to offer competitive and compelling offers to our customers;
· Be key in negotiating with suppliers/subcontractors;
· To promote our framework suppliers throughout the business;
· Help to drive awareness and management of risk in the supply chain and our contracts;
· Procure goods and services to be delivered to our projects nationwide including raising purchase orders;
· Undertake appropriate buying exercises (RFI, RFQ, RFX and Tenders) to ensure best value;
· To negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers;
· Supplier analysis and recommend alternative suppliers or approach to the supply chain;
· To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
Key Responsibilities will include;
· Procure goods and services to be delivered to our projects nationwide.
· Liaison with the procurement teams of other Veolia businesses.
· Liaise with suppliers on a daily basis
· Assist in Supply Chain Management
· Identification of potential new suppliers/subcontractors.
· Monitoring and feedback on performance of existing suppliers/subcontractors
· Negotiating terms and conditions with suppliers.
· Obtaining quotations for requested items.and evaluating and negotiating best value
· Raising and approving and expediting purchase orders.
· Creating and maintaining parts.
· Purchase parts and services for Engineered Solutions projects at the best price, consistent with maintaining the required specification, quality, delivery and service level.
· Deal with any purchase order/invoice issues, following them through to resolution.
· Administer material order documentation.
· Carry out general administrative responsibilities within the department.
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external run training as required for the role.
Veolia offers the following benefits to name a few;
· Competitive salary
· Company car
· Laptop and Mobile Phone
· 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
· Life Assurance
· Pension Scheme
And also..... Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Some benefits are based on successful completion of a probation period and length of service)