Description de l'offre
Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 163,000 employees worldwide, we specialize in water, waste and energy management
Maintenance Mechanic Special Welder
Boston,MA (Kendall Station)
As a leadperson, organize and direct activities of a mechanical maintenance crew.
• Assume responsibility for the safe and efficient performance of all work assigned to your direction.
• Instruct other employees in practice specialty.
• Under general supervision, alone or with the assistance of other employees, install, remove, maintain and repair all types of power plant and steam distribution equipment, buildings, grounds and vehicles.
• Such work requires using highly specialized maintenance tools and precision measuring devices and making decisions of a difficult nature.
• Maintain adequate inventory of designated materials, tools and equipment.
• Maintain all tools used in the performance of duties in safe and good working order.
• Keep the immediate work area safe and neat; ensure the work area is safe and clean at the completion of the work day.
• Report any unusual conditions.
• Support all aspects of the lubrication functions as presently done.
• Assist & instruct, where applicable, the activities of outside contracting crews.
• Perform all related PM's & work orders
• Support inventory tracking
• Support order & Stocking functions
• Participate in various training programs to help support all maintenance functions.
• High School graduate (or GED) plus 2 years of trade or technical school (or equivalent) with training in the fundamentals of The Power Plant Cycle.
• Minimum (5) years' experience in general power plant maintenance work of a kind and quality indicating ability to perform this job.
• Minimum (5) years as a ASME Certified Welder (SMAW, TIG).
• Have a good working knowledge of power plant equipment.
• Be highly skilled in the repair maintenance and installation of power plant equipment.
• Be able to read and interpret complicated drawings and blueprints.
• Be highly skilled in at least one of the following specialties: boiler mechanic, steam fitter, welder, rigger, machinist.
• Be willing and have ability to instruct and direct activities of other employees.
• Must have a good safety record.
• Work harmoniously and effectively with other employees.
• Basic computer skills