Position based in Middlesborough, TS6 6UE but will work across North Yorks/Northumberland area
Closing date Friday 14th September 2018
Hours 40 and additional as required
Our employees are the people that make the world go round. They make sure that the cities,
towns and villages that you live in are safe, clean and warm. They keep things running
smoothly for people today, and for our kids tomorrow. It may not always be glamorous, but
their work really matters.
About the role
You will be responsible for operating mobile plant to load waste for stockpiling for subsequent land application or for onward transportation.
● To undertake the stockpiling of organic waste materials in remote agricultural locations in the region.
● To manage deliveries and ensure organic wastes are stockpiled securely, in accordance with
instructions provided and to ensure a continuous tipping operation.
● Operate the 360-degree Excavator, Front End Loading Shovel and all other plant for which you are trained and authorised to operate safely and competently.
● Understand and comply with current Health and Safety legislation, QA procedures, site licence regulations, agreed Codes of Practice and any other statutory and legal requirements.
● Minimise area covered by stockpile.
● Set up and dismantle trackway panels used in stockpile operations.
● Monitor fuel to ensure re-order is carried out in a timely manner
● Maximise vehicle weights within compliance with Legal and company requirements.
● Routine maintenance and cleaning of plant and equipment, including daily checks and reporting defects or incidents to the Recycling Manager.
● Keep the site in a reasonable clean and tidy condition at all times by undertaking housekeeping duties
● Complete machine hours, defect sheets and other related paperwork to the required standards
● The above is a summary of the main responsibilities, all other reasonable work instructions to be undertaken.