Veolia Australia & New Zealand is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
With the global expertise gained from serving the environment for more than 150 years, Veolia operates in more than 40 countries around the world, with well over a hundred sites and over 4000 employees in Australia.
Veolia, being at the centre of this century's biggest challenges, offers opportunities to make a difference, for your career and also for the environment and our community. In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
This is where you come in.
As part of the Water Operations Team, you will develop restart documentation and manage pre-trigger activities for the Western Corridor Recycled Water Project (WCRWS) to meet all contractual and client requirements.
This 5 month Fixed Term full time Contract as the Junior Engineer Water has your name all over it and will provide you with the opportunity to build on your technical expertise!
Reporting to the Projects and Restart Manager, you will enjoy making this role your own with responsibility for the preparation and ongoing management of restart workpacks for all facilities. Your exceptional report writing and documentation skills are a key component of this role.
Are you up for the challenge?
Ideal candidate profile
Key requirements of the role:
· Responsibility for the preparation of restart workpacks (ITCs) for all facilities (Advanced Water Treatment Plant and Pipeline Network)
· Responsibility for delivery of WCRWS restart pre-trigger activities.
· Manage subcontractors to deliver all restart pre-trigger deliverables.
· Regular reporting to stakeholders of restart risks, financial performance and schedule.
· Coordinating interface between operations, maintenance and projects regarding restart and pre-trigger activities.
· Comply with the requirements of Veolia Water Australia Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Environmental Policies and systems.
· Comply with the requirements of the company business management system and the Quality Policy for Drinking Water and Recycled Water to contribute to the company commitment to provide safe, high quality drinking water and recycled water that consistently meets or exceeds the requirements of the company's contracts.
· Provide other planning, reporting or other support as required by the Projects and Restart Manager.
Required qualifications, experience and skills:
· Engineering, project management or similar qualification preferably with water/wastewater experience.
· Commissioning experience highly favourable
· Experience in Project Management tools.
· Excellent analytical technical report writing skills with strong numerical capacity.
· Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Understanding of an operating plant environment.
· Understanding of Quality, Environmental and OH&S management systems.
· Excellent understanding of computing systems including Microsoft Project with experience or exposure to Google suite of programs (Google Docs and Google Sheets a bonus).
· Driver's licence.
Your core values and commitment are underpinned by ours including our Always Safe Charter and your personal attributes include but are certainly not limited to:
· Good communication and interpersonal skills - must be able to relate effectively to client, staff and subcontractors.
· The ability to work in a team environment.
· The ability to respond to rapidly changing work requirements.
· Good planning and organisational skills.
· Enthusiastic and self motivated.
· Demonstrates a high work ethic.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Access to first class structured training and development opportunities
· Access to a range of our employee benefits including, wellbeing and financial programs, travel discounts and salary sacrifice options
The rewards are many with this role - come and be a part of our global success story in the Water sector here in Queensland!
Applications must be received via the Veolia Recruitment Portal
NOTE: applications sent directly to HR will not be considered.
For additional information on this exciting opportunity, please feel free to call in confidence Christine Collins, Talent Acquisition Specialist Veolia Brisbane on (07) 3231 7484.