In Plymouth, MA, Veolia is seeking a Collection System Technician to support operations, maintenance and management of the City's wastewater plant and network. This position will perform a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the repairing, cleaning, locating and inspection of the wastewater collection system, operate a variety of light construction equipment and wastewater system cleaning and maintenance.
- high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have and maintain a valid CDL Class B with air brakes and tanker endorsements and safe driving record
- Massachusetts 2A/3C Hoisting and Hydraulics license
- Confined Space Entry certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to heavy lifting and carrying
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Wastewater license within 1 year of hire.
- Must work outdoors in all climates
- Confined space entry required.
- 2+ years experience in a related position
- Sit to drive or ride in vehicle, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, & twist while getting in & out of trenches, mixing mortar, & working in sewage; perform simple & power grasping, pushing & pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls, lift of carry weight of 100 pounds, hear traffic noise, & observe oncoming traffic for safety. Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch signal
- Ability to be on call nights and weekends to work overtime in response to emergency situations and alarms
- Must live within 30 minutes of the office/garage to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.