Veolia Water Technologies are specialists in process water and wastewater solutions. As one of the leading water and wastewater treatment companies in the UK, we have over 80 years of experience in helping businesses of all sizes with water purification, industrial effluent and sustainable water saving needs.
Our full range of services also includes mobile water treatment, water treatment chemicals, laboratory, healthcare and water recovery systems. We are experts in water.
Where will I be working?
You will be based at our office in High Wycombe, however you will be required to visit sites and undertake survey work as part of this role.
What will I be doing?
The CAD Designer will be based within a design office in High Wycombe where the primary aim is to create and develop design information relating to the design and build of a water treatment plant.
The role is to develop drawings that capture the Process, Mechanical and Electrical aspects of the plant design.
Working with other discipline engineers to create professional looking drawings and design information. You will be required to use your experience, skill and knowledge to develop the detailed aspects of the mechanical layout design.
Responsibilities will include;
· Generate P&ID drawings for both tender designs and detailed designs based upon the detailed information provided by Design Engineers.
· Generate 2D and 3D based GA drawings and models based upon the information provided by Design Engineers and based on upon the individual's experience and knowledge of process plants.
· Produce drawings of sufficient accuracy and detail for the specific requirements of the project/tender within the allocated timescale.
· Ensure that the design produced is commercially and technically the best possible within the allocated timescale.
· Maintain standards that conform to the VWS standards and company procedures.
· Review the design drawings of suppliers and clients and incorporate these into drawings and designs.
· Generate occasional electrical drawings based up information provided by EICA engineer.
· Produce designs that are compliant with health, safety and environmental legislative requirements.
· Working closely with Process, Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineers, Project Engineers and Project Managers, Proposal Engineers and Managers, Document Controllers, Suppliers and subcontractors, Customer CAD Designers and Engineers.
· Undertake occasional visits to site to view and survey an installation or planned installation
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external training as required for the role.
· Competitive salary
· 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
· Life Assurance
· Pension Scheme
And also.....Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)