Description de l'offre
Apprenticeship - Workshop Technician
Location – Norwich NR12 7NQ
This Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician apprenticeship is conducted as part of the Fleet Technical Academy 3 year programme, which when completed will enable apprentices with the essential skills and qualifications required by a workshop fitter. The role as a workshop fitter apprentice will open opportunity for application to a Workshop Fitter role, maintaining and servicing the company's fleet to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
Development included – Level 2&3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance
Dimensions of the job
· The Apprenticeship may include periods of learning and qualification away from your place of work and in your own time. During the apprenticeship you will be required to complete assessments and practical tests to demonstrate your ability in technical areas relevant to the learning and practical experience gained during the academy
· There will be an expectation that you will apply knowledge gained during your periods of academic learning into the workshop
· You are to take responsibility for your personal development throughout the duration of your apprenticeship and beyond, enabling you to be equipped with the necessary skills and/or qualifications to carry out your duties and support up skilling within the transport engineering industry.
· Your duties will include provision of maintenance and repair to all types of vehicles and plant, both at on site workshops and roadside if required, as you develop your knowledge and technical ability throughout the duration of your apprenticeship.
· You are to be aware of your obligations under the Health & Safety at work Act 1974 and follow the safe working practices in your place of work as an apprentice. Ensure that company uniform and appropriate safety protective equipment is worn, protecting yourself at all times.
· You are responsible for ensuring you work in a safe and clean working environment. Specific workshop cleanliness and equipment safety rules apply to ensure a high standard of working conditions exist for the team.
· You are responsible for ensuring that you work as part of a team, being respectful of both peers and following instruction from supervisors and managers alike. The team are collectively responsible for the success of the workshops and the safety of the people that work within them.
· You are responsible for timely completion of both legal and internal job cards and inspection sheets in line with workshop procedures. Training will be provided.
· During your apprenticeship you may be required to work on a shift basis in line with age related regulations and workshop procedures.
· Aware of the Company's commitment to the ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 Quality System and in particular understand your responsibility to maintain the system with respect to your duties.
Skills and Experience
· Some mechanical understanding (preferable)
· Interest in how the heavy vehicle industry operates
· IT literate.
· Analytical, organised and methodical
· Commitment and drive to improve standards
· Current valid Driving Licence or prepared to learn to drive
· You will need to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and as such have a minimum level of qualification in Maths and English (GCSE Grade C or above/equivalent)
· Ability to prioritise workload and meet challenging deadlines
· Ability to multi task
· Delivery driven
· Excellent team player
· Flexibility - Our workshop fitters often work on and in unclean waste vehicles so you will need to be flexible in your approach to the environment you work in.
Veolia is an equal opportunities employer. Job titles and job content are presented without bias either of gender, race or disability and that nothing in either words or illustrations indicate any role stereotyping.