ELGA are Laboratory Water Specialists and for 80 years we have been working with scientists, healthcare and diagnostic professionals as the trusted brand for critical and non-critical laboratory water reagent needs.
ELGA is an integral part of Veolia Water Technologies, the world leader in environmental solutions and services. Veolia Water Technologies provide complete solutions for water treatment.
Innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, our differentiating water treatment processes enable us to offer solutions suited to every application. We are experts in water.
Where will I be working?
You will be based at our Lane End site in High Wycombe.
What will I be doing?
As Apprentice Production Engineer you will learn skills related to Production Engineering while attending day release courses to achieve academic qualifications.
This role is regarded as ‘on the job training' and you will therefore be expected to assist the Production team. As your skills are acquired you will be tasked with projects that will help you to develop and apply your learning.
During the Apprenticeship you will be guided and assisted with identifying opportunities for progression within the organisation.
This role will be key for the effective and smooth transition of new products/modifications from the Engineering and Industrialisation department.
You will be responsible for your own learning and self development under the guidance of the Assistant Manufacturing Manager.
Key Responsibilities include;
· Attending a day release course to achieve the minimum academic qualification of HNC or equivalent in the agreed timescale.
· Complete a record of the training received in a form agreed with the training provider.
· Spend time in other ELGA LabWater departments to gain an appreciation of other business activities.
· Identify and produce any tooling, jigs or fixtures for different teams across the manufacturing facility.
· Produce documentation in order to manufacture products in the most efficient way.
· Support all areas of the manufacturing plant equipment e.g. the machinery, tooling, rigs.
· Work on special external projects coming through the business. This could include the release of certain products.
· Identify cost saving methods and implement solutions.
· Investigate any quality issues in the manufacturing facility.
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within ELGA; this may include external training as required for the role.
· Competitive salary
· 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
· Life Assurance
· Pension Scheme
And also.....Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more*
(*Some benefits are based on successful completion of a probation period and length of service)