Description de l'offre
The Plant Engineering Part-Time Supervisor assists with determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns and discussions with the operations team to determine the most cost effective solutions. Assists with dispatching PE Mechanics to complete necessary conveyor system repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs), using Maximo to schedule work so the equipment runs smoothly and efficiently. Monitors status of repair and PMI updates daily to ensure timely completion of work. Assists with updating repairs and PMI database in Maximo by processing PE Mechanics' timecards and completing PMI checklists so that the equipment is maintained at an optimal level and the facility is efficient.
Assists with conducting facility inspections and identifying operational improvements needed to promote efficiency of package flow and safety. The Plant Engineering Part-Time Supervisor assists with determining proper corrective action to be taken with damaged or worn equipment based on the history of breakdowns and discussions with the operations team to determine the most cost effective solutions.
· Assists with overseeing the protection of physical assets, facility and equipment maintenance, and facility housekeeping to ensure a safe, clean, and efficient facility.
· Assists with identifying and scheduling necessary repairs and preventative maintenance, through the use of PE mechanics and outside vendors, to maintain the condition of the facility.
· Communicates assigned work status to colleagues to determine potential impact on the department's schedule.
· Assists with maintaining environmental compliance in accordance with UPS environmental programs (e.g., Storm Water, Clean Air, Hazardous Materials, etc.) to promote the environment and health and safety of UPS workers and the surrounding community.
· Delivers required regulatory training (e.g., Lockout Training/Hazmat Training) as directed, to PE and non-PE personnel.
· Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files.
· Equipment Repair Management: Describes types of equipment problems that can occur; identifies specifications of mechanical and technical equipment; explains repair techniques and tools.
· Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds Maintenance: Identifies basic facility components requiring preventative maintenance; describes how to create preventative maintenance schedules.
· Physical Assets Management: Demonstrates a basic knowledge of physical asset management; identifies physical resources to meet business needs; describes the appropriate use of existing physical tools, equipment, and materials.
· Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
· Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
· Technology Implementation: Able to communicate designed and developed technology solutions and their desired outcome in general terms; expresses the importance of an effective implementation; develops implementation plans.
· Working toward or obtained Bachelor's degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law