Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a $51.5 billion corporation by focusing on enabling commerce for its customers around the world. Today, UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, UPS delivers more than 15.5 million packages and manages the flow of goods, funds and information for its customers in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Globally, UPS employs 425,000 people, utilizes a delivery fleet of approximately 100,000 vehicles and operates the 9th largest airline in the world. The company can be found on the web at www.ups.com
UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS's international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v).
Would you like to gain the experience of living abroad? Then Dublin is the place to be! Having experience outside of your own country is invaluable – so why not come and work for UPS in Ireland?
We are actively recruiting ambitious and talented professionals to our join our dynamic teams all across Ireland – so whether you have a flair for customer service, a dexterity for accountancy or are a proficient general operative, we've got the role for you! Here's why;-
· Thanks to its excellent location (max. 2 hours away from Germany, Holland & Barcelona, 45 minutes from the UK and just 3 hours from Rome) you could call Ireland the center of Europe.
· Ireland's size makes travelling around the country very easy. Rental cars are incredibly cheap and there is an exceptional bus & train service, information on routes can be accessed by a variety of available apps
· Ireland has a reputation for its friendliness & welcoming atmosphere. It has been previously named as the friendliest country in the world.
· The education system in Ireland is highly regarded on an international level. The opportunities are endless with regards to furthering your own education and developing your skills/knowledge base in any of the outstanding learning facilities.
· Ireland prides itself on being a multicultural country. The number of foreign nationals living in Ireland increased by 25% to 766,770 in the period between 2006 and 2011. Foreign nationals are considered valued contributors to the development of Ireland and its exciting new culture.
What can you expect as a UPSer
Ireland has a wide range of accommodation available. Conveniently, most homes for rent come furnished with couches, tables, dressers and beds. That makes moving much smoother and easier. We offer reimbursement towards the costs of flights and accommodation in order to help our new employees enjoy a smooth transition to the UPS workplace.
In terms of healthcare, all UPS employees have the option to set up a healthcare policy via a number of leading insurers below. Payments for your health care will be made hassle free as this will be done through salary deductions each month. We also operate a VDU policy for employees who require lenses or spectacles for the purpose of using a VDU. UPS will reimburse our employees up to a maximum amount of 65 euro.
At UPS, we care about your finances and your future. We are happy offer all employees the following;
· Yearly flexible benefit scheme
· We facilitate optional employee contributed pension plans on your behalf
· In the event of long term sickness, or death in service, UPS both disability benefit & a death in service plan. Should you pass away while in service, a lump sum of 3 times your pensionable salary is paid out to a loved one.
· Employee Discounted Shipping Program
· Bike to Work Scheme
· Education reimbursement policy
We're all human, so from time to time we all need to recharge the batteries, travel & take care of personal affairs. At UPS, we offer a plethora of leave options in order to help you do your best work. We're proud to say we can offer the following schemes to our staff;
· Paid annual leave
· Part paid maternity leave
· Part paid paternity leave
· Parental leave
· Carer's Leave
· Job share schemes
· Study leave
Sick of that long commute? All of our sites are easily accessible by road, rail and bus. Your time is important to us, so let's not waste it!
At UPS, we're proud to say that we promote from within! Whether you are seeking an internal transfer to try something new or pursuing promotion opportunities, we're always delighted to help. We are happy to offer a generous education reimbursement scheme to our employees in order to help them further their careers. At UPS, employees can also avail of our online learning facility called UPS University. It gives our employees the chance to take new courses and find reading materials to help further themselves.
At UPS, we strongly value community. We encourage our staff to take part in community initiatives. Our UPS foundation donates millions of dollars to charities all around the world each year.
• 4 hours will be spent on the phone dealing with customer queries.
• Calls must be answered and dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
• Resolve customer queries whilst on the call where possible raising adjustments where relevant.
• A reference number must be given to the customer for every query logged.
• Queries must be investigated fully.
• The history of the customer's account checked to ensure no duplicate work is caused.
• Notify other departments of their errors so incoming queries will reduce.
• Educate customers of their errors.
• Daily reports filled out accurately and correctly.
• Feedback to customer on the resolution or non resolution of their query.
• Meet set targets on a daily basis.
• Responsible for any additional tasks given.
Other Job Requirements
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
• Fluency in German and English both written & spoken would be an advantage
• Be efficient
• Have good numerical skills
• Be a logical thinker
• Able to work in a targeted environment.
• Work well in a team
Education and Work Experience
• Minimum requirement of a leaving certificate or equivalent qualification.
• Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
• MS Office package (especially Excel)
• Keyboard skills
Job Customer Service
Primary Location IE