Working from our Stapleford Depot in Nottingham you will work as a Multi - Drop Delivery Driver. Hours of work are Monday to Friday between 07.30hrs and 19.00hrs and on a rota for Saturday mornings until 12.00.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialised transportation, logistics, capital, and e-commerce services. Every day we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Being an organisation that is founded on people, UPS are always actively looking to attract high potential people in to the organisation. We are currently seeking graduate individuals to join the heart of our operations and start their career as a Package Car Driver known internally as Service Provider's.
Drive Your Career with UPS/Deliver Excellence with UPS.
£11.49 per hour, rising to £14.13
Service Providers are considered to be the face of our organisation. Safety, effective time management skills, excellent customer service are just some of the characteristics needed. Successful individuals must have the ability to optimise their individual workload in the most efficient manner whilst not compromising timed deliveries or pre-allocated times for collections. Being able to discuss our service portfolio, adhere to organisation and a multitude of industry regulations and recognise opportunities for our business to accentuate growth opportunities are just some of the commitments a Service Provider has. This role is suitable for individuals who thrive on challenge, enjoy real responsibilities and have a strong work ethic.
In return, UPS is an organisation that values promotion from within and becoming a Service Provider could be the start of a challenging, stimulating and rewarding career. We offer an excellent total reward package, financial assistance for education programmes and the potential to be a future business leader within our organisation.
· To work ensure the safety of themselves, colleagues and the public at all times
· Ensure a professional experience when interacting with customers
· Maintain a productive work ethic without compromising safety or professionalism standards
· Complete daily safety checks of the UPS vehicle
· Complete multiple deliveries and collections of packages that can weigh up to 70kg's
· Prioritise workload to ensure time commitments are met
· Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected
· Ensure correct completion of UPS paperwork
· Expected to comply with UPS Policy Code and appearance guidelines
Being the world's largest package delivery company UPS has a world opportunity and a culture of promotion from within. Successful candidates will be able to participate in the internal management promotion process and your next steps could open up opportunities to progress within the Operation or Function areas and it could even take you world-wide.
Key Skills / Experience:
· A minimum of 2 years driving experience.
· Ideal candidates must hold a C1, 7.5 ton license
· Some experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage.
· Excellent communication skills
· Customer service experience would be an advantage.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Flexible working approach as overtime will be required.
· Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritize
· Already own, or would be prepared to get, a digital tachograph card
· Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England