POLAR SPEED DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
Polar Speed, a UPS company, is a logistics company and innovative provider of temperature sensitive transportation and pharmaceutical supply chain solutions in the UK.
MEDICAL MULTI-DROP DRIVER – B LICENCE
BASED Unit 33 Rochester Airport Industrial Estate, Laker Road, Rochester, ME1 3QX
Salary between £18,803 (40hrs) and £23,504 (50 hrs) - £9.04 per hour
(Average 48 to 50 hours per week)
Polar Speed has a reputation for quality, compliance, operational and customer facing technology and monitoring solutions in the growing temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical logistics market in the UK. The company specialises in active temperature-controlled deliveries to hospitals, pharmacies, wholesalers and medical care surgeries as well as to end patients which it serves through its homecare business. Its customers include some of the best known pharmaceutical brands in the world.
As a medical multi-drop driver, you’ll make between 30 and 35 collections and deliveries to GP surgeries, retail pharmacies, home delivery patients, wholesalers and hospitals. Starting 0600 hours, you’ll work a minimum of 40 hours per week and must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours as and when required to meet our service requirements which may be of an urgent medical nature (average 48 to 50 hours). For this role, you may expect to work on a Monday to Friday basis with weekend and bank holiday working as required.
We offer a wide range of benefits including 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) and increasing to 33 days in the sixth full holiday year and a company pension scheme.
For successful applicants, Polar Speed will process enhanced disclosure criminal record checks.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Check and scan all consignments
· Complete daily safety checks of vehicle and refrigeration unit
· Deliver consignments on an accurate and timely basis ensuring products stay within the required temperature range
· Ensure that records of deliveries are electronically captured and driver manifests are completed
· Maintain daily communications to provide service updates
· Demonstrate professional and safe driving competency at all times
· Present a smart working appearance at all times
Qualifications and Skills
· A minimum of 2 years’ driving experience
· Must hold a B category driving licence (no more than 3 points)
· Previous multi-drop experience advantageous
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships with customers/clients, whilst appreciating the need for maintaining confidentiality
· Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise
· Good team player and able to work on your initiative
Primary Location United Kingdom-England